Black Opal Drop Earrings!
Our Natural Black Fire Opal Dangle Earrings are simple, dainty yet elegant. They come in a beautiful Abiza gift box with the crystal information card shown. Would make a great gift for special October birthdays.
- Genuine Ethiopian Black Opal beads are hand-cut and faceted.
- Although this stone is called black opal, it’s actually the dark variety of Ethiopian Welo Opal. You’ll see dark blues, greens, browns, blacks with beautiful fire.
- From top to bottom 43mm/1.7″-from top to end of stones 32mm/1.25″ approx.
- Please see the 3rd image for the scale before your purchase.
- Chains at two different lengths are added to create extra movement. If you’d like them without the chains please leave a note at the checkout.
- Handmade in the UK
- Bead size: 4.5 to 5mm
- Rose Gold beads are slightly different from the yellow gold shown.
- 925 Sterling Silver or 14K Yellow or Rose Gold Filled finish
- All earrings with French ear wires come with silicon backings for extra protection. Due to hygiene reasons, we can’t accept returns on earrings unless faulty.
Check out matching elegant Black Opal Necklace
These opal stones are coming from the Welo district of Ethiopia. Ethiopian opals originate from volcanic activity. All volcanic opal is called “hydrophane opal”, meaning “water-loving” and describes their ability to absorb water and change from opaque or semi-translucent to translucent or transparent. This ability makes volcanic opals unique with their colour flashes and it is all related to their moisture content. Please keep your Opal Jewelry away from water and moisture.
Fire opal was born in a fire in the ancient volcanoes of Mexico. It forms when water seeps into silica-rich lava and fills seams and hollows. Under heat and pressure, the silica forms a solid gel that traps the remaining water within its structure. Small pebbles of fire opal are found embedded in lava flows.**
Fire Opal Earrings! These Drop Earrings are one of the most stunning gems to look at, thanks to their different colours and kaleidoscopic beauty.
Opals of all colours provide users with emotional strength, and the ability to cultivate not only their own love and positive energy but to draw it from the world around them. Wearers become more capable of recognising the good that exists in the universe and reflecting that back with their own positivity.
Find out more about Opal in our blog.