Fire Opal Earrings!
Ethiopian Welo Opals have got a beautiful play of light and are flashing radiantly like lightning in a rainbow! They have been stacked together and accentuated with gold saucer beads, suspending from elegant 14K Gold Fill ear wires. These Opal drop earrings are also available in Sterling Silver!
- Lightweight, simple, dainty! Great gift for October Birthdays!
- They come with a crystal information card in a beautiful Abiza gift box.
- Fire Opal beads are faceted and have high quality with great fire.
- They measure 4.5 to 5.5mm approx.
- From top to bottom 43mm/1.7″-from top to end of stones 33mm/1.3″ approx.
- Available in 14K Gold Fill or 925 Sterling Silver.
- All earrings with French ear wires come with silicon backings for extra protection. Due to hygiene reasons, we can’t accept returns on earrings unless faulty.
Check out matching elegant Fire Opal Necklace
These opal stones are coming from the Welo district of Ethiopia. Ethiopian opals originate from volcanic activity. All volcanic opal is called “hydrophane opal”, meaning “water-loving” and describes their ability to absorb water and change from opaque or semi-translucent to translucent or transparent. This ability makes volcanic opals unique with their colour flashes and it is all related to their moisture content. Please keep your Opal Jewelry away from water and moisture.
Fire opal was born in a fire in the ancient volcanoes of Mexico. It forms when water seeps into silica-rich lava and fills seams and hollows. Under heat and pressure, the silica forms a solid gel that traps the remaining water within its structure. Small pebbles of fire opal are found embedded in lava flows.**
Fire Opal Earrings! These Drop Earrings are one of the most stunning gems to look at, thanks to their different colours and kaleidoscopic beauty.
Opals of all colours provide users with emotional strength, and the ability to cultivate not only their own love and positive energy but to draw it from the world around them. Wearers become more capable of recognising the good that exists in the universe and reflecting that back with their own positivity.
Find out more about Opal in our blog.